Esoteric Astrology – Sacred and Non-Sacred Planets and VeilsApril 9, 2023
Pluto in Aquarius, the destroyer, has entered the lesser burning ground to prepare the way for The Pouring forth of the Waters of Life. The Aquarian Labor of Hercules: The Cleansing of the Augean stables has begun!
Two of the other non-sacred planets—Mars and Pluto—function in connection with the sacral centre (Mars) and the solar plexus (Pluto). This latter planet becomes active in the life of the man who is “becoming alive in the higher sense, his lower nature passes into the smoke and darkness of Pluto, who governs the lesser burning ground, in order that the man may live in truth in the higher land of light. – Esoteric Astrology, pg. 78
I would like to suggest that Pluto is the hose & shovel of Hercules. Over these next 20 years, he will bring about the destruction of many outmoded ideas and limiting concepts in humanities consciousness & psyche:
- It will destroy limiting concepts in the realm of science which are holding back a truer understanding of the nature of reality.
- It will destroy outmoded concepts in the realm of Government and clear away some of the more totalitarian and authoritarian elements and personalities.
The effects will enable humanity to move forward on many fronts into greater light and a more enlightened perception of reality. Always, when systems, theories, ideas and forms are no longer useful to the evolution of the indwelling life, then they must be cleared away so that better ones may take their place.
Such changes are not without difficulty because there is always a minority that clings to the old ideas and systems and who fight change to the end. But Pluto always wins, he is like a slow moving steam roller whose outcome is inevitable.
Pluto will be in Aquarius until 2044 and this period will likely be profoundly transformative on many fronts. I will suggest a few areas for consideration and pondering:
Pluto operates on the plane of lower mind and mental conceptions and the effect is to destroy ideas or concepts that are in the way of better understandings of the same. This is profoundly true in the realm of science. For example the Newtonian conception of reality is correct as far as it goes and was exceedingly useful to humanity for several hundred years. However, the more expanded view of physical reality as described by Relativity provided a better framework for understanding the nature of time and space. There were those in the physics community that vehemently fought and rejected the newer ideas. The same happened again when aspects of Relativity began to be displaced by Quantum Mechanics and which led to the nuclear discoveries and which were heralded by humanity recognizing Pluto’s existence and even naming a related element after it!
During the last period of revolution in our understanding of the nature of reality and time and space, Pluto was in Cancer and Leo (opposite its present position) and we saw major changes in the understanding of the forces of nature and time and space. And now and during the period when it is in the opposite signs (Capricorn/Aquarius) we are seeing serious questions being raised about some of those foundations and hints of the emergence of yet another revolution in our understanding and which is showing signs of merging the realms of science and spirituality.
Esoteric astrology understands that the 12 signs or astrological energies are really six pairs of opposites or dualities which compliment each other like six forms of yin and yang. Interestingly the number of form or matter is said to be 6 (symbolized by the 6 sided cube) and modern physics has found 6 indivisible building blocks they now call quarks, but science only knows of 4 forms of energy: gravity, electromagnetism, strong nuclear and weak nuclear force. Now really electricity and magnetism are considered to be a complimentary pair or two aspects of the same thing and we have similar in the strong and weak nuclear force. Gravity is not yet really fully understood and there has been difficulty in even detecting it as a “form of energy” in and of itself, but it is entirely possible it too will eventually be resolved into a dualistic pair of energy/force. And recently in physics news we have seen discussions, starting in 2019, of the indications and signs of a fifth force.
One can only wonder what revolution in an our understanding of physics and energies will emerge during the period of the next 20 years when Pluto is opposite where it was when it was “discovered”. At that time it brought forth a new form of energy and which arose out of a fundamental change in our understanding of the nature of time, space and energy. What will we be revealed when Pluto is done clearing away the conceptual limitations that are blocking further and deeper understanding? The concept of “dark matter” is falling under its own weight. It was a concept erected to preserve the current understanding of the time/space continuum because experimental evidence is suggesting that if dark matter does not exist, then there is a fundamental error in our understanding and which if true, will require another revolution. But, all the signs are that dark matter has no basis in fact and is an illusion. Pluto in Aquarius (ruled by Uranus, the ruler of electricity and electric fire) will clear it away, freeing physicists to think into new areas.
Allow me to suggest that during the period of Pluto in Aquarius we will see another fundamental revolution in physics and that Pluto will clear away a few veils to reveal a new form of energy which will, in the spirit of Aquarius, serve humanity.
Pluto carries the energy of power and rulership or governance and which can be used for good or bad. When Pluto is in Capricorn, Plutocrats or those who rule through the power of money tend to do well, but when Pluto is in Aquarius, the sign of “people power” and enlightened democracy, it tends to remove plutocratic obstacles to people power. We saw this in the American and French Revolutions and which both took place when Pluto last visited Aquarius.
During the upcoming period of 2023 to 2033 we will have a return to similar astrological conditions which occurred in the period 1770 – 1790. Pluto has returned to Aquarius; Uranus will return to Gemini in June 2025 and Neptune enters Aries, opposite its Libra position after 1778.
And so, what can be looked for? Well, we are now in a world where plutocrats have firmly established control over the democratic mechanisms of power. Increasingly people are waking up the realities and are aware of the corrupting influence of money in politics and are demanding reforms. Pluto in Aquarius will help bring about a cleansing of the Augean Stables of corrupt, plutocratic politics and power structures. And with the aid of Neptune in Aries (one of the burning grounds) and Uranus (the planet which leads humanity onto the burning ground) we shall in all probability see Constitutional referendums to rethink and modernize the American ideal of Democracy.
The current US Constitution was good in its day and time and as far as it went, but it was not perfect and now its weaknesses are coming clearly into view via the unprincipled peoples and groups that are exploiting them. In some quarters it has been put upon a pedestal and idolized as the “Greatest Democratic Constitution” ever. It is not. It was useful for a time, but now it needs updating and modernization to address the current needs of the nation. We are no longer in the horse and buggy days and society is radically different and the US Constitution must be updated to address the various weaknesses which have been increasingly exploited these last 50 years.
The US Constitution was designed to be changed and amended. Its founders never envisioned that they got it perfectly right. They were smart enough to understand that the world and the needs of the nation would require changes and they build in mechanisms for that. The following areas are all in need of amendment and are being discussed in various circles and I predict we will see some of these happen during the Pluto in Aquarius period:
- The electoral college should be abolished.
- The influence and roll of money must be eliminated via publicly financed elections.
- Corporate person hood should be explicitly eliminated and restrictions placed on the role of corporate influence in elections.
- The method of voting should be changed to a simple mail in paper ballot with a return window of 30 days.
- All tax paying citizens should be automatically registered to vote at age 18 and be required to do so under penalty of fine.
- The House should be expanded to have more seats representing less population.
- House terms should be increased to 4 or 6 years.
- Consideration should be given to the total abolishment of the Senate.
- Better rules of accountability for congressman are needed.
- The Supreme Court:
- The number of seats should be expanded.
- The elimination of appointments for life and term limits should be enacted.
- Better methods of selecting Justices are needed.
- A system of accountability and oversight is needed.
- Executive Branch
- Clearer and better rules for Presidential accountability and oversight are needed.
- A better system of approving Executive appointments are needed.
- Civil Rights
- The Bill of Rights needs updating to include better rights for minorities and women (abortion, etc).
- The rules of free speech and governance of the airwaves/news media must be updated to better protect citizens from corporate and propagandist lying.
- There must be clear restrictions placed on ownership of military grade guns.
All these are being discussed and are under consideration. But since 2000 we have increasingly seen plutocratic money and power interests fight to prevent such reforms. Particularly during the period of Pluto in Capricorn they have become increasingly strident and used their lying propaganda to deceive the populace and take advantage. However, I believe Pluto in Aquarius will bring about another revolution in this area and circumstances are showing this to be the case.
Recently I have become increasingly amazed it how instantly and rapidly things changes with the change of signs by a planet. And already in the few short weeks since Pluto entered Aquarius we have seen a number of very hopeful signs of exactly the type of thing this article is suggesting will happen:
- Fox News is being shown for what it is: a Plutocratic, lying instrument of propaganda. But almost from the day Pluto entered Aquarius it begun dismantling it. I do not think Fox will survive the era of Pluto in Aquarius and if it does it will be a radically different place. Certainly all those currently at the top of its power structures will fall or lose power.
- Serious cracks in the Supreme Court are showing and Clarence Thomas is being shown for the corrupt Plutocrat that he is. Pluto will grind him up and spit him out and I predict he will resign soon. He may try to wait out the next Presidential election but circumstances may overtake him before then.
- The events which recently transpired in the Tennessee General Assembly is a further hopeful sign of things to come. Almost to the day Pluto entered Aquarius, we saw a perfect symbolic example in that a small group at the top attempted to disenfranchise the peoples representatives on spurious and fake charges. These racist, fascist elements were quickly put in their place by the electorate who said no! and who rapidly returned their young representatives to the Assembly.
No doubt the same will eventually happen to Putin and the coterie of Plutocrats who help keep him in power. I tend to doubt they will manage to retain power very much longer. Pluto will eventually cause the Russian people to rise up in anger over the Ukrainian war and they will dethrone him and his entourage.
All the signs are indicating that between now and 2044 we will likely see a major revolution on many fronts. Pluto the destroyer will clear away many obstacles to the establishment of better systems of governance and human living and which will be a better expression of the Aquarian ideal of Human Brotherhood and Right Human Relations.