The Best Astrology Software for Mac (MacOS)
Astrology Charts & Reports • Astrological Calendars • Tabular & Graphic Ephemeris
Tropical & Sidereal • Ephemeris covers 4700 BC – 2995 AD (7700 years)
iPhemeris Astrology Software for Mac
iPhemeris is the best Astrology Software for Mac (MacOS). It does all types of Astrology charting and includes: Ephemeris Tables, Astrological Calendars, Moon & Eclipse tables, Sky Now real-time chart of the Sky, and can display Tropical, Sidereal, Topocentric or Heliocentric charts and Ephemeris tables.
iPhemeris is the only Astrology software for Mac that includes traditional Tabular Ephemerides with tables of longitude, declination & latitude, moon phases, eclipses, void of course moon and lunar ingress. The ephemeris can be set to display tables for any time and time zone you like. Need a 9:30am ET Ephemeris for the New York stock market open, no problem! Or heliocentric for commodities market open, no problem you can do it!
Vedic Astrologers love iPhemeris because everything can display Tropical & Sidereal positions for any of 17 pre-defined Ayanamsa, or you can set your own custom value.
iPhemeris for Mac was first released in 2014 and has been continuously updated, improved and supported since. If you’re serious about Astrology and need the best, iPhemeris is what you’ve been looking for! Stop carrying all those books around and get iPhemeris for your iPhone, iPad & Mac!
iPhemeris Astrology Software for Mac
4.2 – Released June 11, 2022
New: The Tropical/Sidereal settings is no longer global. It can be set for each feature and Tropical & Sidereal can be viewed side by side.
New: Heliocentric & Topocentric capabilities are included as part of the “Extended Ephemeris” In-App purchase for new and existing owners.
New: Compare Tropical, Sidereal, Topocentric and Heliocentric charts side by side.
New: Ephemeris tables can display: Tropical, Sidereal, Topocentric or Heliocentric values.
- Natal Charts.
- Transit Charts.
- Progressed Charts.
- Solar Return Charts.
- Lunar Return Charts.
- Re-location Charts.
- Composite Charts (Mid-point).
- Topocentric Charts.
- Heliocentric Charts.
- Two Charts (Bi-Wheel).
- Three Charts (Tri-Wheel).
- Aspect lines drawn on charts.
- Select the Planets, Asteroids & Points displayed on Charts.
- Reports for all types of charts and chart combinations (see listing below).
- Chart Notes – Write and store notes for each chart.
- Rectification Tool – Step charts forward & back in time.
- House Systems: Placidus, Equal, Koch, Regiomantanus, Campanus, Meridian, Morinus, Porphyry, Topocentric, Whole, Antique, Vedic (Vehlow), Alcabitius, Aries 0, Solar House.
- Sky Now – A continuosly updating chart (every 5 seconds) for any location.
- iCloud – Use iCloud to store and share charts between all your devices & computers running iPhemeris.
- Aspects: 0°, 30°, 36°, 40°, 45°, 51.4°, 60°, 72°, 80°, 90°, 108°, 120°, 135°, 144°, 150°, 160°, 165°, 180°
- Declination Aspects: Parallel, Contra-parallel.
- Orbs: Separate Orb settings for Applying & Separating aspects; fractional Orbs (e.g. 1.5°).
- Other Points: Ascendant, Descendant, Mid-Heaven, IC, Vertex, Earth, Part of Fortune, Black Moon.
- Part of Fortune – Two calculations styles.
- Wheel Styles – Customize horoscope wheel elements; French and European styles.
- For Traditional Astrologers
- Decanates shown on wheel can display Traditional or Modern Rulers.
- Wheel can display the Bounds, Terms or Limits: Egyptian or Ptolemaic.
- Synastry Grids – available for all types of single, bi-wheel and tri-wheel charts.
- Aspect Report – for all above listed major and minor aspects. Applying and separating orbs are configurable, as are which aspects are included.
- Points Report
- Lists sign position of each element on report.
- The house each point is in.
- Dignity of each body (both modern and traditional).
- Each points declination and latitude
- Table of Houses showing sign and degree of house cusps.
- Table of Elements and Cardinality.
- Mid-Point Reports – can be sorted by sign or planet.
- Tables for Jan. 1700 to 2100 included. In-App purchase extends the ephemeris to 7700 years (4700 BC – 2995 AD).
- iPhemeris uses the Swiss Ephemeris. Based on Jet Propulsion Laboratories (JPL) DE 430/431 with sub-second precision.
- Monthly tabular style Ephemeris:
- Longitude and Declination
- Graphic Ephemeris:
- Display Longitude or Declination for any date range.
- Display any harmonic degree range between 30° and 360°.
- Overlay Astrological charts.
- Display’s data under cursor in sidebar.
- Display as a traditional Midnight or Noon GMT Ephemeris, or for any custom time and time zone.
- Display Tropical or Sidereal positions using one of the 17 pre-defined Ayanamsa, or your own.
- Planets & Asteroids – All planets plus: Chiron, Vesta, Pallas, Juno, Ceres, Cupido, Hygiea, Astraea, Eris, Sedna, Vulcan (hypothetical).
- Uranians – 8 Hypothetical (Hamburg) points: Cupido, Hades, Zeus, Kronos, Apollon, Admetos, Vulkanus, Poseidon.
- Choose which Planets, Asteroids & Points are displayed.
- Planetary directions.
- Two Moon Columns: The position at Ephemeris time, and 12 hours later.
- Moon Phases: Date, Time & Sign of Moon and Sun for both GMT and your local time zone.
- Eclipses: Date, time and sign of Solar and Lunar eclipses.
- Void of Course Moon Tables: Includes date/time of last aspect and date/time/sign of next Lunar Ingress.
- North Node – True or mean.
- Black Moon (Lilith) – True or mean.
- Includes Sidereal Time.
- Page back and forward by month or jump to any date.
- Date Export – Export ephemeris data from your ephemeris to a file of Comma Separated Values (.csv). Daily or Hourly increments for latitude, longitude, declination and velocity for any body in your version of the ephemeris. Requires one-time In-App purchase.
- Monthly calendar style Aspectarian showing daily aspects in the sky.
- Monthly Transit calendar showing daily transits to any of your astrological charts.
- Select the Planets, Asteroids & Points displayed.
- Set the Orbs used.
- Planetary directions.
- Tropical or Sidereal positions using one of the 17 pre-defined Ayanamsa, or your own.
- Page back and forward by month, or jump to any date.
- Data Export – Export ephemeris data to a file of Comma Separated Values (.csv). Daily or hourly values of latitude, longitude, declination and velocity.
- Documentation – Fully documented in the App and here on this website.
- Internet Map Location Lookup – iPhemeris uses Apple Maps technology to help you find latitude & longitude for any location on Earth. It’s accurate to within feet and can be extremely helpful with cuspy charts:
- Maps are in your native language.
- You can search for places or addresses any place on Earth.
- Zoom in to street level.
- iCloud – Sync, share and backup your Astrology charts between iPhemeris on all your iOS and MacOS devices.
- Customizable – Many of settings to let you customize most features and behaviors.
- Uses the International Time Zone database used by computers around the world to lookup Time Zones for any place on earth.
- iPhemeris can display Sidereal charts and ephemeris tables using one of 15 predefined Ayanamsa or a custom one you define.
- 17 Pre-defined Ayanamsa included:
- D.K • Fagan Bradley • Lahiri • Krishnamurti • Galactic • Raman
- Takra I • Takra II • Babylonian • Deluce • Larry Ely • Yukteshwar
- Sassanian • Ushashashi • Hipparchus • Dhira • Krushna
- User defined Ayanamsa – Provide your value for the year 2000 and iPhemeris will adjust for precession to the chart or ephemeris date.
- Display Nakshatra divisions around tropical wheel.
- iPhemeris Menus & Preferences are translated into: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, Japanese, Korean & Chinese
- iPhemeris for Mac works on MacOS 10.15 or later.